Sunday 1 April 2012

Wikis

Today in class we were asked to have a look at wikis and to say what we thought about them. I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy liked the  YouTube video that Leonie put on to Web CT for us to have a look at, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dnL00TdmLY it was really good and not at all boring like some explanatory videos can be.

I think that wikis are a great way to communicate within a large group of people and interesting way to share topics for discussion and a really good way to organise events/meetings between members. I also liked the fact that some of the wikis that we have on Web CT resemble Wikipedia as this would make it easier for all the people who already know how to use it as the setup is the same.
 I think a great way of using library applications with wikis is how the Princeton Public Library has in the way that you can look on http://booklovers.pbworks.com/w/page/14034179/Princeton%20Public%20Library and if you find a book within that interests you it will take you straight to the record within their catalogue.

4 comments:

  1. I like the wiki you have chosen Vannessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wiki Vannessa, a useful way of finding out about a book that interests me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Vannessa, the Princeton public library wiki is really useful, very clear and easy to navigate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like this wiki Vannessa thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete